Location: 2220 NORTH HIGHWAY #360, Grand Prairie, TX, United States
Requisition Number: 81486
The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering customer orders in a productive, time sensitive and customer sensitive manner on a daily basis. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality, and operational expertise. This position is responsible for proficiently performing at least two delivery related activities (e.g. multiple route knowledge, demonstrated expertise in delivery process and procedures, ability to train associates in delivery functions, LEAN captain, Safety committee, etc).
• Load, unload and secure product; to ensure customers receive clean and damage free merchandise
• Delivers product to customer locations meeting established delivery goals. Collect and track customer returns within a specified time frame.
• Operate delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. Responsible for the vehicle and its contents
• Complete daily route and all appropriate paperwork. Communicate obstacles in Tier meeting that prohibit us from meeting our established goals.
• Complete daily pre and post trip checklist
• Actively seek to support implementation of and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement to the delivery processes.
• Communicate customer feedback to sales and/or supervisory personnel. Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement utilizing LEAN practices
• May be assigned to participate on LEAN or Safety committees
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
• Minimum 2 years experience in related field
• Minimum of five years of commercial driving experience, with experience in the delivery of small packages preferred. Depending on state CDL may be required.
• Previous Office Depot experience a plus
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Experience in the use of pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklift preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Accident free driving record reflected during a rolling 36-month average
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), only required for operating delivery vehicle exceeding 26,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
• Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification
• Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer products.
• Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
• Basic product knowledge
• Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment
• Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area
• Ability to read and understand a map
• Ability to up sell
• Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot Core Values and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
• Ability to use manual pallet jacks to transport pallets of products up to 2,500 pounds
• Ability to work in all types of weather due to various climate changes
• Repetitive lifting of paper, continuous climbing in and out of vehicle
• Ability to stand; on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking including stairs
About The ODP Corporation
The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
The job posting will remain open for a minimum of 3 days and will expire once the position has been filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.