Location: 840 Boling Street, Jackson, MS, United States
Requisition Number: 81617
Inbound Warehouse Lead
Monday - Friday / 5AM Start Time
The purpose of the Warehouse Specialist is to maintain key department experience and knowledge that require unique skills and training as identified by management. These unique positions involve specific areas of experience and training within the facility such as receiving, production, inventory control and administration. Warehouse Specialists will be required to assist in the training of employees, conduct observations to ensure SOP adherence, support the roll out and training of new processes and procedures and assist in creating a culture of continuous improvement. The job also includes encouraging a team oriented, safe and clean working environment.
• Cross train in all departments as required, learning multiple jobs in distribution center to perform multiple distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions. Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis
• Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment. Interact with leadership and work groups sharing information related to immediate tasks
• Actively contribute to and influence other associates in maintaining a safe, clean work environment and displaying a positive team spirit / attitude
• Assist in monitoring production and resolve production problems by identifying/locating barriers. Escalate difficult problems to the location leadership team
• Drive the Lean culture within the operation. Actively seek to support implementation of and contribute ideas / suggestions for continuous improvement to the distribution processes
• Train new hires and retrains team associates as required. Ensure SOP’s are rolled out and training completed
• Effective communicator in assigned role. May be asked to assist in communicating new processes and procedures. Train groups of associates as well as individual training
• Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot core values
• High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
• Minimum 3 years warehouse, distribution, supply chain experience
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
• Knowledge of warehouse management systems and equipment
• Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
• Knowledge of the operation of a personal computer (PC)
• Knowledge of the operation of power/mobile equipment; may require additional training and/or certification on additional power equipment
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
• Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
• Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
• Must be able to perform the duties performed by the associates they lead
• Basic level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
• Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
About The ODP Corporation
The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
The job posting will remain open for a minimum of 3 days and will expire once the position has been filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.